Saturday, June 20, 2009

#45 Look into Pilot Lessons

Back story: When I was in high school I dreamed of being a pilot that landed planes on the aircraft carriers. Thought that would be so cool. Well no point in joining the military when you have vision as crappy as mine, regardless of what that recruiter told me!

So recently I decided "Hey, if I wanted to be a pilot so badly in high school maybe I should look into flying lessons to see if I really like it." I've flown before, but only once that I actually remember (well round trip to Mexico). So by adding this item to the list I could finally see if that dream so long ago even had a remote chance of reality.

I started by looking into flight schools in the area. Found one, and checked out their website. Looks interesting and I'm certainly learning the requirements to get my Private Pilot License. Although after further research I discover that I'm looking at $4,000 to get it. But the $49 Intro Flight is probably the place to start. I don't even know if this is something I want to take all the way.

So then I decide to look into what more you would have to do to become a Commercial Pilot. Lovely wikiHow helped me out with that answer. Definitely have a loooooong ways to go before that would be a reality. And again I'm back to not knowing whether I even would like flying. I've never been in a small plane, much less as the pilot.

So I can check this one off the list. But I do want to do more follow-up. It may take a little while longer into the 1001 days, but I really want to at least do the Intro Flight and see if being a pilot really truly interests me.

I'll let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment